Recently got a horrible but non-intrusive error when trying to print a word template from a batch (i.e. more then one transaction). The error presented was
Unspecified error Location: Part: /Word/header5.xml, Line: 1, column:0
Word Found Unreadable content in "Check Remittance~5docx". Do you want to recover the contents of this document? IF you trust the source of this document, click Yes.
A fantastic article from the wonderful David Musgrave helped me out
The template worked fine for one transaction but presented error when printing from a batch. The reason was because I did not mark the Maintain Compatibility with previous versions of Word option when clicking Save As
Instead of recreating from scratch I did the following:
1. Create a new report template based on the default template.
2. Export the Template to Word 2010
3. Highlight all and delete the body
4. Open a backup of my previous Word Template, highlight all and click copy
5. In the new word template paste the body into it
6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 for the Header and Footer.
7. Import the report back in and test
This method allowed me to quickly recreated a heavily formated design without having to tell the client and my boss that I need more time.
Thank you David