Installed SSRS 2005 on a Sharepoint MOSS 2007 server and what a pain as I realise SSRS did not work due to confliction with MOSS. Error was shown when trying to access it:
"Parser Error Message: Cannot use 'partitionResolver' unless the mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'"
1. Create a new virtual directory off \inetpub\wwwroot\
2. Give it a specific port number I used SSRS / 87
3. Configure (in SSRS) a new "Report Server Virtual Directory"
4. Configure (in SSRS) a new "Report Manager Virtual Directory"
5. Go to Web Service Identity and click the New button next to Report Server
6. Create a new App Pool for RS to run within, I used SSRSAppPool
7. Set the authenticated user for the new app pool to the SQL Server Service account you used to set up MOSS such as OSS_USER
8. This should have all the SQL permissions you need to run SSRS (I hope...)
9. Set Report Server and Report Manager to the new app pool and click Apply
10. After making these changes run IISRESET go to the following URL's: